CBD isolate comes as solid crystals or in powdered form. It is the purest CBD option as it has 99% CBD in it. It does not have any cannabinoids other than cannabidiol. CBD isolate is commonly used in the preparation of CBD edibles.
In this article, we are guiding you on how to cook with CBD. In order to cook with CBD, you must familiarize yourself with the double boiling method.
Double Boiling Method
Exposing cannabidiol to high heat leads to its disintegration and loss of potency. In order to avoid this, we have to employ the double boiling method when cooking with CBD isolate. The simple heat control method infuses the CBD isolate with a suitable carrier oil. The double boiling method is important to turn CBD isolate into an ingredient that can be used in any type of recipe.
Using The Double Boiling Method
- To start with, select the appropriate dosage of carrier oil that matches with the CBD isolate dosage. Suppose you are cooking with 1 gram CBD isolate. Then you will need about 1-2 teaspoons of carrier oil.
- Take two boiling pots, one larger than the other.
- Fill the larger pot quarter full with water.
- Place the smaller pot on the larger pot filled quarter full with water. The smaller pot should not be directly affected by the boiling water.
- Heat the system to a medium-low temperature to bring the water to a low boil.
- Add the right dosage of carrier oil to the smaller pot.
- Add the isolate powder to the carrier oil.
- Stir for 10-15minutes and ensure that the isolate is blended well with the carrier oil.
- After the blending is done, turn off the flame and allow the isolate-infused carrier oil to cool.
Cooking With CBD Isolate: Recipe
Here is the recipe of CBD infused guacamole.
- 4-8 mashed avocados
- 1 diced tomato
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 limes
- 3 diced serranos
- 3 diced jalapenos
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Ground Black pepper
- 4 diced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp MCT oil
- Using the double boiling method, infuse the CBD isolate into the MCT oil.
- Mix onion, avocados, tomato, garlic and peppers in a mixing bowl.
- Add the CBD infused MCT oil, salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Taste along to make any adjustments if needed.
CBD isolate is an excellent CBD option for people who do not want even traces of THC in their CBD products.